Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Flowers

Google: "Fall flowers to plant" and you won't come up with much but website after website of lists of flowers to plant. No pictures, just words.

How on earth am I supposed to plant a Tropaeolum majus in my flower box if I don't even know what it looks like and so can't find it at my local nursery. And you think I'm going to try to say those words? It'll end up sounding like some exotic disease.

I imagine my fall flower box looking something like this, except planted in the ground with the sunflowers kept short (is that possible) and pleasing to the eye.

photo source:blissfullydomestic.com

But I'm pretty sure none of those are actually fall flowers, just fall hues. Which makes me understand the popularity of the mum. I'm pretty sure I'll be planting mums too this fall. *Le sigh* Ok have to get myself off to dreamland, any and all fall flower ideas are welcome here as you can see I am somewhat lost when it comes to gardening. Later


No comments: